Dick & Kathy Page
135 Granite Pt. Ct.
Kenai. Alaska 99611
Dick & Kathy Page
Dick and Kathy Page came to Alaska as missionaries in 1976 after Dick graduated from Moody Bible Institute and Moody Aviation. For nearly 20 years he served as a missionary pilot throughout Alaska. Soon after the Iron Curtain fell, Dick began flying ministry trips into the Russian Far East, a remote area with no connecting road system. As he scheduled and transported ministry teams there, God gave him a burden for the Russian people who had been deprived of God's Word for 70 years. During the next several years God established key relationships in Russia, and a ministry began to grow in this region that could literally be called the "ends of the earth." SOAR missionaries Ruslan and Oyla Mahotkin and their family from Moldova now pastor the Provideniya Church across from Nome, Alaska.
In 1998 Dick and Kathy founded SOAR International Ministries where Dick serves as the current Director and Kathy assists Dick and SOAR’s ministry in a variety of needed tasks. Dick's ministry involves administrative duties as well as flying, aircraft mechanics, trip logistics, and meeting with government officials in Moscow and the Russian Far East. He travels often to Western Russia for SOAR's Stuff a Stocking and Baskets of Hope projects as well as for SOAR's Summer camps and discipleship ministry. During these projects and camps, he enjoys sharing Christ through his Gospel object lessons. During preparations for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, Dick made trips into the neighboring war torn country of Abkhazia across the border from Sochi. An amazing partnership has developed with the dedicated pastors in this country to assist them in outreach to their people. Due to the war and other conditions many of the children and adults there are handicapped so SOAR has assisted one pastor with his amazing outreach to disabled people. People are coming to Christ through this ministry and its outreach center. As SOAR assists Russian & Abkhazian Pastors in all of these efforts, our goal is to bring glory to our great God while sharing the Gospel message and getting God’s Word into the hands of the Russian and Abkhazian people.
The Pages' two sons and their wives have blessed them with eleven grandchildren (ask them and they'll show you pictures!).
SOAR INTERNATIONAL MINISTRIES:
SOAR seeks to fulfill the Great Commission in Russia and the former Soviet Union by:
- Encouraging and assisting local pastors and their churches in their ministries.
- Equipping local believers to continue ministry and discipleship in their communities.
- Evangelizing the spiritually lost to bring them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Please pray God will provide additional staff for SOAR. Some of the job skills needed are - facility management, IT, Russian translation, graphics arts/web design, pilot, mechanic and more. Contact us if interested.
- Pray that the church in Provideniya will be registered, a needed step for SOAR to send teams to minister in this remote region.
- Pray for the work in Abkhazia where 8 pastors minister tirelessly on a very tight budget. Pray that many will find hope in Christ in this country.
- Pray that SOAR ministry opportunities - summer camp, discipleship ministry for orphan graduates, Abkhazia camp, Stuff a Stocking, Baskets of Hope and more will impact children with the Gospel and bring God glory in all we do.
- Pray that Russia’s new law will not impact SOAR’s ministry. The law was created to limit terrorism, but can be interpreted to be any “missionary” activity. So far, all is a green light for SOAR’s ministry.