The Adult ministries of SBC exist to:
- EXALT - Glorify God through acceptable worship (Hebrews 12:28; John 4:24)
- EDIFY - Build up the saints for the work of the ministry (Ephesians 4:11-16; Colossians 1:22;28)
- EVANGELIZE - Proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ to a lost world (Matthew 28:18-20) Seethe SBC Mission Statement.
Our philosophy of ministry:
To teach the whole counsel of God's inspired and authoritative Word (Acts 20:27; Col.1:25). God saves, teaches, convicts, corrects and trains believers through His Word (2 Timothy 3:15-17). His divine power gives us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us. Therefore, we focus on teaching God's Word in the various adult ministries.
Adult Sunday Connection Groups - Sundays 11:00 AM, after Morning Worship
- Koinonia (multi-generations specifically helping young families, couples, and singles grow in intentional community discipleship) - led by Pastor Derek Black and other lay leaders
- 2C105 - led by Lay Pastor Mark Schaasfma or Mike Hassemer on a fusion of sermon discussion, doctrine, and church history (Room 204)
- MannaFest - college and career group led by Erling Hofseth and Kevin Fraley that meets off campus at a nearby home (contact for more details)
- Video Class - various handpicked sermon videos by Pastor John where we hear from many different speakers through the summer months
Our Sunday Connection groups emphasize the building of community rather than primarily emphasizing education classes. While we do primarily dive into Scripture study each week, our connection groups (adult Sunday school) strive to also build relational discipleship life alongside our studies of Scripture. Each week we emphasize fellowship, prayer together, and open discussion of Scripture. Additionally, it is the ideal goal for each connection group to foster building relationships outside of church.
Regarding our study content: Each year we generally study one quarter on a major Bible doctrine, two quarters we study a book of the Bible, and one quarter's study is elective topical studies. To this end, it is our purpose that if someone attends regularly, they will receive thorough instruction in Bible doctrine and verse by verse instruction from a number of books of the Bible. Topical studies are designed to teach God's truth in specific concentrated areas.
- Adult Bible Study & Prayer - 6:30 PM - in school year
Women's Bible Studies
(contact for summer info)
- Saturdays - contact for time - contact Donna Spence at 907-252-1872
- Thursdays - contact SBC office for time (262-4865)
- Thursdays - 7:00 PM
Men's Bible Study
- Thursdays - 7:00 PM, For more information contact Mike Reberg at 907-398-1612
- Typically the third Saturday each month at 8:30 AM - in the Upper Room
Life Groups (meet in select areas, contact for more info)
Our Life Groups function as a small group ministry that aim to foster more intentional discipleship community. They serve as a catalyst for discipeship, community, and outreach. A Life Group seeks to foster the life of the church outside the walls of the Sunday worship services, extending Sunday's ministry throughout the week. We as a church gather to celebrate God's working and to become better equipped through collective worship each Sunday. We then scatter to live on mission for Jesus as His church throughout the week. While we as a church have many opportunities for discipleship life outside of Sunday, Life Groups can fill a crucial role in the life of our church.