Jim Dunn, Pastor of Counseling & Adult Ministries
The Adult ministries of SBC exist to:
- Glorify God through acceptable worship (Hebrews 12:28; John 4:24)
- Build up the saints for the work of the ministry (Ephesians 4:11-16; Colossians 1:22;28)
- Proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ to a lost world (Matthew 28:18-20) See the SBC Mission Statement.
Our philosophy of ministry:
To teach the whole counsel of God's inspired and authoritative Word (Acts 20:27; Col.1:25). God saves, teaches, convicts, corrects and trains believers through His Word (2 Timothy 3:15-17). His divine power gives us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us. Therefore, we focus on teaching God's Word in the various adult ministries.
Sunday Adult Education Classes
Each year we generally teach one quarter on a major Bible doctrine, two quarters we study a book of the Bible, and one quarter's study is elective topical studies. To this end, it is our purpose that if someone attends regularly, they will receive thorough instruction in Bible doctrine and verse by verse instruction from a number of books of the Bible. Topical studies are designed to teach God's truth in specific concentrated areas.
Adult Sunday School Classes - Sundays 11:00 AM, after Morning Worship
- 1 Corinthians - Joe Hillyer - Room 203
- 2 Timothy - Marty Hall - Library
- Basic Christian Training - Tom Wales - Room 209
- "Koinonia: 20's & 30's - (single, married, young families) - Room 204
- Adult Bible Study & Prayer Group - 6:30 PM - in school year
- One Eighty (Youth Group) - 6:15 PM in school year & select times in summer
Women's Bible Studies
- Thursdays - 7:00 PM (contact for summer info) - Room 204 For more information, contact Darla Wales at 907-260-6987
Men's Bible Study
- Thursdays - 7:00 PM For more information contact Tom Wales at 260-6987
Men's Prayer Breakfast
- Typically the third Saturday each month at 8:30 AM - in the Fellowship Chapel